Accurate bench… This is a two step benchmark both for Accurate and Random I/O tests. It provides best possible measurement of SD card performance.
- First step measures SD card writting speed. Android API does not support non-cached reads. Thus, manual reboot is required to clear media cache. The second step - reading resumes automatically after App is launched.
- Benchmark may require a couple GB of media space. Space may not be reclaimed until second step is performed.
- Random I/O benchmark uses blocks of 4KB (4,096 bytes).
- In most cases, Random I/O write speed will be very low.
- Android supports transparent file, disk and SD card IO caching. Quick and Longer tests are affected - both reading speed and writing speed may be elevated.
- View more notes.